I pled guilty, but it was a long time ago.  Can I get my record cleaned up?

A person may request expungement of a misdemeanor after 5 years have elapsed from the date of the successful completion of any sentence, deferred adjudication or period of probation or parole. However, an expungement can only happen once with respect to any person within a 5 year period, unless the charge is a DWI, and then it is once in 10 years.  

 © Goff and Goff 2013